Job Description For Manager, Engineering Level 3
Wyndham Garden is now seeking a Manager, Engineering Level 3 to join our team at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown location in New York , New York .
The Engineering Manager Level 3 is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the engineering department, ensuring attentive, friendly, and efficient service. Create and maintain a clean and safe environment, while efficiently maximizing service levels.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Stationary engineer's license if required by local code.
- At least 2 years of management or lead mechanic experience in a hotel or a related field; or a technical certificate with at least 1 year of supervisory or lead mechanic experience.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Often Sometimes Rarely Lifting up to 50 pounds x Sitting x Walking x Standing x Bending neck x Twisting neck x Bending waist (forward or sideways) x Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels) x Kneeling x Crawling x Reach above shoulder height x Reach below shoulder height x Driving x Stooping x Pushing x Pulling x Talking x Hearing x Repetitive motions x General Requirements
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Motivate, develop, and manage associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Manage the interviewing process of candidates and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's and procedures in department.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of department managers, supervisors, and associates on SOP's, report preparation and technical job tasks.
- Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Manage and train engineering associates in customer service, SOP's, and loss prevention.
- Create department schedules.
- Implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Wyndham standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Oversee the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Lead and/or participate in safety initiatives.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham Garden Chinatown , 93 Bowery , New York , New York 10002 Employment Status: