Wyndham Hotels & Resorts makes travel possible for all. From big cities and small towns to beachfront resorts and highway hotels, our 20 iconic brands bring a diverse perspective to the travel experience. With friendly service, thoughtful amenities, and a range of options for the everyday traveler, Wyndham will be there to welcome you wherever you go
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Finance and Accounts
Location : Parsippany, United States
Level : Management
Posted : 05 May 2022
Job Role : Revenue Management
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ98465
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Full Time
Validate Through : 2022-07-26
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Regional Revenue - Remote to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany , New Jersey .
As part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts' dynamic revenue management team, the Revenue Manager is responsible for optimizing room's revenue for an assigned portfolio of hotels by strategically managing pricing, inventory, and channel distribution. This candidate has the ability to successfully position properties in markets through pricing and yield management, and he/she perform analysis on price positioning, competitive set performance, and strategic planning of rate products.
1 Perform analysis and develop hotel strategies and tactics to optimize revenues. Including but not limited to the following:
• Conduct strategy calls base on contracted service
• Historical and future demand analysis
• Business mix analysis
• Competitive set analysis
• Create strategies based on analysis
2 Change hotel rates and inventory restrictions, by day, to ensure the property is properly priced in the market. Including but not limited to:
• Setting/managing rates by season, rate category and by room type
• Maintaining channel parity
• Monitoring competitive pricing and responding accordingly
• Manage inventory restrictions (MLOS)
3 Conduct regular revenue meetings, via phone, with property leadership. Track and communicate the effectiveness of defined strategies and tactics making recommendations for on-going adjustments:
• Weekly tracking / status reports
• End of month reviews
4 Additional ad hoc analysis and/or project work as requested by WHG revenue management leadership
• Group displacement analysis
• Price Value Comparison
• Potential property visit as determined necessary
• Strategic influence over assigned portfolio.
• Work consists of routine tasks, processes, or operations. The employee selects and applies several clearly prescribed, standard policies and procedures. Rarely requires choosing between a few clear choices or discussing them with a supervisor to solve problems.
• Problems generally involve the selection of standard procedures, organizing work, and checking results. Answers are usually found by selecting from specific choices defined in standard work policies or procedures.
• Maybe asked to serves as a project support team member working to achieve defined goals.
• Require regular contact with property designated contacts; interaction within the department and periodic contacts with other departments, supplying or seeking information on specialized matters.
• The position has a revenue impact as it relates to ensuring that Brand Standards, Revenue Management Policies and Best Practices are adhered to for a specific portfolio of hotels. All these are designed to generate incremental revenues, customer loyalty, and increase brand awareness for properties while minimizing opportunity costs of not having adequate rates and inventory available for sale across various channels.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate and present metrics into actionable proposals.
• Highly proficient in Excel; experience with business intelligence/reporting tools to pull data and reports
• Above average organizational skills; ability to successfully manage multiple activities in parallel, across various management levels.
• Above average communication skills; ability to confidently and clearly interact remotely with property and brand resources; convey ideas clearly in voice and in writing.
• Ability to analyze and present findings from quantitative data; can assimilate information and data from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
• Must have a basic understanding of financial terms and P&L statements.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Focus in Economics, Business, Finance, or Statistics preferred.
• 2-3 years of successful progressive experience in a revenue management, finance, strategy, or hotel operations role.
• Experience using hotel industry or travel industry inventory, PMS systems, is a plus.
• HMSI CRME is a plus.
The incumbent will be remote or based in Parsippany office and will report directly to the Regional Director of Revenue Management or a Senior Manager with dotted line responsibility to a Corporate Director of Revenue Management.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way , 22 Sylvan Way , Parsippany , New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time