Job Description For Manager, Regional Revenue - Remote
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Regional Revenue - Remote to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany , New Jersey .
By joining Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you will play an integral role in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all. You'll be part of the largest hotel franchise company in the world, where we strive to deliver the best value to our owners and guests. Most importantly, you'll be entrusted to live our unique Count on Me culture, set by our core values of integrity, accountability, inclusive, caring and fun. At Wyndham, we provide all team members the opportunity to grow through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Supporting our team members is a top priority, which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, vacation, team member appreciation days, workplace flexibility and much more. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, we value and embrace a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that supports team members of all backgrounds and experiences. We can't wait to welcome you!
As part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts' dynamic revenue management team, the Revenue Manager is responsible for optimizing room's revenue for an assigned portfolio of hotels by strategically managing pricing, inventory, and channel distribution. This candidate has the ability to successfully position properties in markets through pricing and yield management, and he/she perform analysis on price positioning, competitive set performance, and strategic planning of rate products.
What you'll do
Perform analysis and develop hotel strategies and tactics to optimize revenues. Including but not limited to the following:
Change hotel rates and inventory restrictions, by day, to ensure the property is properly priced in the market. Including but not limited to:
- Conduct strategy calls base on contracted service.
- Historical and future demand analysis.
- Business mix analysis.
- Competitive set analysis.
- Create strategies based on analysis.
Conduct regular revenue meetings, via phone, with property leadership. Track and communicate the effectiveness of defined strategies and tactics making recommendations for on-going adjustments:
- Setting/managing rates by season, rate category and by room type.
- Maintaining channel parity.
- Monitoring competitive pricing and responding accordingly.
- Manage inventory restrictions (MLOS).
Additional ad hoc analysis and/or project work as requested by WHG revenue management leadership:
- Weekly tracking / status reports.
- End of month reviews.
You'll be successful if you have
- Group displacement analysis.
- Price Value Comparison.
- Potential property visit as determined necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate and present metrics into actionable proposals.
- Highly proficient in Excel; experience with business intelligence/reporting tools to pull data and reports.
- Above average organizational skills; ability to successfully manage multiple activities in parallel, across various management levels.
- Above average communication skills; ability to confidently and clearly interact remotely with property and brand resources; convey ideas clearly in voice and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and present findings from quantitative data; can assimilate information and data from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must have a basic understanding of financial terms and P&L statements.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Experience using hotel industry or travel industry inventory, PMS systems, is a plus.
- HMSI CRME is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Focus in Economics, Business, Finance, or Statistics preferred.
- 2-3 years of successful progressive experience in a revenue management, finance, strategy, or hotel operations role.
- Strategic influence over assigned portfolio.
- Work consists of routine tasks, processes, or operations. The employee selects and applies several clearly prescribed, standard policies and procedures. Rarely requires choosing between a few clear choices or discussing them with a supervisor to solve problems.
- Problems generally involve the selection of standard procedures, organizing work, and checking results. Answers are usually found by selecting from specific choices defined in standard work policies or procedures.
- Maybe asked to serves as a project support team member working to achieve defined goals.
- Require regular contact with property designated contacts; interaction within the department and periodic contacts with other departments, supplying or seeking information on specialized matters.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Employment Status:
For candidates in Colorado, click here for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
For residents of New York City.