Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Part-time Receiver
Dolce is now seeking a Part-time Receiver to join our team at Dolce Intl BMO Canada in Toronto, Ontario.
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving and/or issuing food, beverages, supplies, and operating equipment in accordance with established Wyndham's policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that all products and services received are consistent with hotel quality standards and communicate all omissions and deviations to appropriate management.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Flexible hours sometimes required.
- Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Able to withstand significant extremes in temperature fluctuations in the working environment.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be willing to cross train in other accounting or hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintain par on beer, wine, liquor, and other inventory items as required, and notify supervisor on deviations from the standard.
- Notify ordering department when goods and/or services are received.
- Receive food, beer, wine, liquor and operational supplies according to schedule. Inspect for proper specifications (quantity and quality). Inspect wines for correct vintner and vintage. Ensure that all items received are in good condition and refuse damaged goods or goods that do not have proper documentation.
- Solicit assistance from chef or designee as required, in quality determinations.
- Secure goods in appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain an efficient and timely filing system.
- Date all items as required. Rotate stock of all food items on a "first in, first out" basis.
- Fill out all required departments requisitions as appropriate.
- Handle incoming and outgoing packages according to company standards.
- Process delivery receipts and invoices and forward to Accounting on a daily basis.
- Reconcile purchase orders and receiving documentation with Accounting on a weekly basis.
- Maintain daily receiving logs for all products and services received.
- Check pricing, discounts, extensions and totals on invoices, where applicable. Compare quantities to receiving documents. Investigate and rectify discrepancies.
- Maintain efficient security and control on all storage areas, where applicable.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Ensure guest package receiving policies are strictly followed, where applicable.
- Maximize productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing solutions.
- Update supervisor or management on all price changes.
- Act as Accounting Representative during inventory.
- Clean storeroom, receiving dock and work area as needed.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.Job Location:
Dolce Intl BMO Canada , 3550 Pharmacy Avenue , Toronto , Ontario M1W 3Z3 Employment Status: