Job Description For Purchasing Manager
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach location in Clearwater , Florida .
The Purchasing Manager Level 2 is responsible for handling and overseeing the procurement of goods and services through appropriate bidding processes to achieve optimum price value while maintaining superior quality consistent with Wyndham's established control policies and procedures.The Purchasing Manager also maintains and organizes the hotel's storage facilities, ensures proper distribution, and assists in implementation of key controls associated with the procurement and accounting of goods and services.
Education & Experience
Physical RequirementsOften Sometimes Rarely
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related industry required.
- Previous management responsibility preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Lifting up to 50 pounds
Bending waist (forward or sideways)
Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels)
Reach above shoulder height
Reach below shoulder height
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Motivate, develop, and manage associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Manage the interviewing process of candidates and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's and procedures in department.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of department supervisors, and associates on SOP's, report preparation and technical job tasks.
- Keep appropriate par stock on all inventories goods. Notify Director of Finance of any variances or deviation in par stock.
- Ensure that all purchases, requisitions, etc. have proper approvals and all orders are place and received in accordance with Wyndham's policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local food and beverage storage laws, regulations and codes.
- Oversee and assist in unloading, receiving, sorting, stocking, securing, and distributing goods.
- Participate in the inventory process (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Secure competitive bids and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Ensure inventory pricing reflects most current information.
- Review banquet event orders and consult with appropriate management for special requirements.
- Track all price changes.
- Keep supervisor aware of any unusual occurrences and significant deviations from standards, policies and procedures.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach , 100 Coronado Drive , Clearwater , Florida 33767 Employment Status: