Hotels & Resorts
Parsippany, United States
Job Role :
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Regional Director, Franchise Operations - Southeast
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Regional Director, Franchise Operations - Southeast to join our team. This position will be field based and will cover the Southeastern US territory.
This position requires 70% travel.
The Regional Director of Franchise Operations supports the overall mission of the Franchise Operations team by nurturing relationships with owners by understanding their individual goals and needs while recognizing every hotel is unique. The RDFO optimizes owners' performance by leading a team that delivers innovative solutions and relevant resources using their experience and network across the organization.
The RDFO empowers their direct reports to take ownership of their region by being accountable for the individual successes of their hotels to form long lasting relationships with the owners. They support and lead a team of 6-7 direct reports that provide white glove services that strengthen relationships with Owners and Hotel Staff to achieve fair market share at every hotel.
- Lead team of direct reports by engaging with them in person (70% of the time) & virtually to connect them to the business, align them to the WHR goals and motivate them to take ownership of key metrics that drive their region.
- Establish a clear plan to implement the district portfolio strategy and provide supervisory coaching, training, support, and accountability for direct reports.
- Accountable for leading teams in environments in increasing complexity and rapid change through planning, resourcefulness and organizational ability.
- Evaluate, mentor and coach direct reports to grow professionally
- Create a culture of trust and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to achieve performance goals.
- Navigate barriers/obstacles and assist team through problem resolution. Serve as next level resolution for MFO/DFO making decisions. Empowered to make decisions that have a direct impact on the goals and operation of their region. Know when/if to escalate to senior leadership.
- Funnel requests from the business to the team in order to prioritize and execute initiatives/projects & tasks.
- Analyze hotel performance data, set goals and manage a regional portfolio strategy to achieve WHR goals. Identify, capitalize and measure critical next steps for improvements in the region.
- Provide accountability to the organization through documentation, follow up, system reporting and comprehensive report out of region performance and opportunities.
- Use business acumen to straddle WHR, Owner and team needs and advocate for all as needed.
- Effectively conduct crucial conversations in order to maintain value and trust with team and owners.
- Lead, contribute & liaise on WHR projects, initiatives and tasks
- Identify high value and rising star owners to senior leadership /monitor and manage performance for high value owners and rising stars.
Education & Experience
- Develop personal relevant skillset & knowledge base of industry standards, trends and practices
- Project a positive image and promote the value of WHR while displaying a sense of pride in the organization
- Meet budget and financial goals for the region
- Managerial presence to influence and gain alignment on decisions
- Proven experience building high performing remote teams
- Must possess a high level of integrity with understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, with strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges based on the fluctuating needs of the region and organization
- Ability to balance short-term needs and priorities while building for the future
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities
- Experienced record of generating revenue growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to effectively present material to various audiences
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 to 8 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required, preferably, property and corporate management experience.
- 3-5 years of Wyndham Operations experience (preferred)
- 4+ years of progressive leadership
- Prior leadership for a multi-site operational business
- Industry certifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (i.e. Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Position entails exposure to interior and exterior hotel property environments inclusive of the multilevel properties, inclement weather (i.e. stairs, onsite restaurants, pool and exercise facilities, etc.)
- Seamless continuation of work while traveling on company business (i.e. conduct work using mobile devices, from hotels, while at trade shows, and/or across varying time zones when necessary)
- 70% travel with flexible work schedule
- Work under pressure with extended hours/days when required, in order to meet deadlines
- This position requires the ability to stand and be on your feet for approximately 50% of the day
- This position requires the ability to sit and drive long distances for approximately 50% of the week
- Qualified candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to bend, twist, squat, push/pull while inspecting properties
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Field Based in Southeastern US Employment Status: