Job Description For Regional Sales & Marketing Manager India (based in Bangalore)
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Regional Sales & Marketing Manager India (based in Bangalore) to join our team in Eurasia.
This role is based in Bangalore, Karnataka
The Regional Sales & Marketing Manager India will maximize the exposure of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (WHR) franchised hotels of all brands within their territory with a focus on developing sales opportunities, customer account management and driving contribution to the hotels within their region.
This position requires a sales approach acting in partnership with all their clients and their travel intermediaries, thereby delivering incremental revenue and increased market share for the hotels, franchise partners and WHR.
They will work to meet or exceed agreed annual revenue goals by taking sole responsibility for their portfolio of clients by:
- Devising, instigating and implementing sales and marketing plans for their top clients.
- Negotiating and contracting rates for key clients at WHR hotels globally.
- Developing an in-person and digital communication plan to keep clients updated on WHR properties.
- Managing relevant group leads & RFP solicitations into WHR properties through our proprietary GSO Sales Leads
Success will ultimately be based on consumed revenues however room night production along with RFP acceptances and other appropriate matrix will be used to agree targets.
A monthly average of 25+ sales appointments or calls for the year will also be in place. Complexity
- The Regional Sales & Marketing Manager India will drive significant revenue into the WHR portfolio of brands and hotels, focused on an agreed territory.
- They will negotiate directly with all clients for the best potential agreement, prior to offering this to the hotels for their consideration & participation.
- They will be solely accountable for the management of accounts within their specified territory
- The Regional Sales & Marketing Manager India will work mainly remotely, with minimal supervision and will take responsibility for new and existing accounts, being accountable for taking independent business decisions that will assist them in the achievement of their goals without Line Manager approval / referral.
The Regional Sales & Marketing Manager India will be solely responsible for a portfolio of named accounts throughout the territory & business development of new accounts.
They will have an annual individual revenue goal agreed with their line manager and participate in a WHR Individual Sales Incentive Plan.
Although this position does not manage a cost center, the Manager will be accountable for managing their expenses and consumables accordingly within pre-determined annual budgets. All Managers must review the cost of sale and ROI for all business trips; marketing opportunities and overall spend in their region. The Manager is responsible for submitting a Travel & Entertainment Expense Report monthly. Abilities/Key Competencies/Skills
- Comprehensive sales knowledge of hospitality sector in local market.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals and targets.
- Flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of the business, taking on new ideas, initiatives, brands and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a number of initiatives and priorities often under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and parts of the world.
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal/external customer situations maintaining constructive working relations.
- Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment.
- Works with a high level of accountability, results orientated and dependable.
- Ability to make business decisions with integrity and honesty.
- College/University Degree or equivalent experience, ideally within a hospitality or commercial discipline
- Significant experience in hotel sales (property, national sales or global sales)
- Experience in resort hotels
- Good experience and knowledge of the FIT, leisure groups & MICE segment
- Full local driving license preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local language.
- Highest level of competency in the use of Microsoft office programs is required
- Previous experience of working with lead generation and CRM systems is also essential
- Experience of navigating hotel specific operating and reservation systems is an advantage
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
WHG India,Baani Address One, Golf Course Road, Sector 56,Gurgaon,Haryana 122011
Employment Status: Full-time Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.