Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Tucson, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 01 Jun 2022
Job Role : Hostess
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ67390
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Full Time
Validate Through : 2022-09-07
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Wyndham is now seeking a Restaurant Host/Hostess to join our team at the Wyndham Resort Westward Look location in Tucson , Arizona .
The Hostperson is responsible for ensuring the prompt recognition and seating of all guests in outlets as assigned and assists the servers in providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to guests throughout their dining experience. He/she is also responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest transactions.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
• Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
• Be attentive of guests' needs assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
• Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from guests and servers as needed.
• Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the shift.
• Pay out servers' and service attendants' tips if appropriate.
• Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
• Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
• Perform opening and closing duties according to established sidework checklist.
• Ability to answer the telephone according to standards.
• Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
• Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
• Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as needed.
• Know and understand the state liquor laws.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham Resort Westward Look , 245 East Ina Road , Tucson , Arizona 85745
Employment Status: Part-time