Job Description For Restaurant Supervisor
Wyndham is now seeking a Restaurant Supervisor to join our team at the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic location in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania .
The Outlet Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service in the Food & Beverage Outlets. He/she is also responsible for assisting the manager with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare requisitions as needed.
- Ensure work areas are neat and clean.
- Check that trays and tables are set to standards.
- Ensure quality control of all menus with regards to cleanliness and appearance.
- Assist in the outlets when necessary.
- Ensure that tables are cleared promptly.
- Ensure proper settlement of checks.
- Ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Ensure food quality.
- Ensure communication with oncoming shift.
- Handling guest complaints or special requests, communicate to management when necessary.
- Be capable of training and performing all duties required of all food and beverage outlet employees.
- Hold pre-meal meetings daily to monitor service and promote up selling.
- Check staffing levels and adjust according to business demand.
- Requisition linen as needed.
- Ensure property is free of trays and trash.
- Control payroll cost in food and beverage outlets.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic , 400 Arch Street , Philadelphia , Pennsylvania 19106 Employment Status: