Hotels & Resorts
Sales and Marketing-PR
Orlando, United States
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sales Manager
Wyndham is now seeking a Sales Manager to join our team at the Wyndham Orlando Resort location in Orlando , Florida .
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience in a specific market; or a 4year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a 2year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the applicable state.
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property's computerized sales management system to manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Entertain clients.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
Wyndham Orlando Resort , 8001 International Drive , Orlando , Florida 32819 Employment Status: