Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Toronto, Canada
Level : Management
Posted : 22 Nov 2022
Job Role : Asst. Sales Manager
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ25752
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Full Time
Validate Through : 2022-12-27
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Dolce is now seeking a Sales Manager to join our team at Dolce Intl BMO Canada in Toronto, Ontario.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is searching for a new Sales Manager who will be reporting to Director of Sales.
Education & Experience
• Must have 3 years hotel sales management experience in Group Corporate and Association Sales
• Proficiency with Amadeus Meeting and Events/Salesforce and Microsoft applications necessary
• Valid G full driver's license needed
• Must have a college level certification in hospitality or business management
The offer of employment is conditional upon you having received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to your start date. When you commence employment, you will be asked to show your Ministry of Health vaccine proof before commencing employment.
Please do not email this to us as we will only observe the information and document that it has been seen. In the event you are not able to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected reason under the Human Rights Legislation, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
If you request accommodation, we will follow up with you for further information if necessary.
• Proven and creative sales prospecting skills. Experience with cold calling on clients.
• Experience with respect to Group Corporate and Association Sales and Hybrid meetings
• Knowledge of all departments of hotel.
• Ability to analyze market data and translate it to a plan to target new business through Knowland Reports, etc.
• Sales Blitz experience and participation.
• Successful at making presentations to key decision makers.
• Must be able to read and write in English to facilitate the communication process. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints.
• Sales ability and skill in both oral and written form.
• Ability to identify and develop accounts with group rooms and catering needs.
• Ability to establish and master goals.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Amadeus Meeting and Events/Salesforce
• Always practice Great Customer Experience.
• Protect the assets of the property.
• Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
• Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
• Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
• Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
• Practice the principles of the Count on Me! culture.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Dolce International is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all associates to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.
• Manages a designated market territory based on annual room night and catering revenue target. Actively prospects and solicits new accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, conducting outside sales calls, online bidding/contracting, site inspections, client entertainment, RFP responses, and written communication. Targets key relationships with customers directly and through other sources including travel industry, CVB, etc. Meets solicitation and maintenance call requirements.
• Works with Conference Planners and other Sales Managers to assure maximum utilization of facility.
• Prepares weekly sales reports and other departmental reports as designated.
• Participates in business review meetings, bi-weekly sales meetings as needed.
• Participates and professionally represents the hotel in industry related professional organizations, trade shows, community events, networking events, and sales trips.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Also develops and maintains knowledge of Dolce company hotel and brand products and services, sales policies and SOPs and adheres to those policies and procedures.
• Participates in cross-property selling programs by prospecting for new business from opportunity accounts near property that have outbound potential for other Wyndham and Dolce Hotels and Resorts and partners and supports the overarching strategies of the Global Sales Organization.
Dolce International offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our associates.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Job Location: Dolce Intl BMO Canada , 3550 Pharmacy Avenue , Toronto , Ontario M1W 3Z3
Employment Status: Full-time