Job Description For Senior Manager, Global Sales
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Senior Manager, Global Sales to join our team.
The position of Senior Manager, Co-Op Sales & Marketing is responsible for driving incremental revenue growth to the Ramada, Wingate and Baymont brands by using general business acumen to close web sales leads, grow revenues from assigned brand-centric accounts and execute sales engagement initiatives such as sales optimization plans and sales enablement videos.
From a revenue generation standpoint, the primary focus of this will be on closing group leads received via WHR website for Ramada, Wingate and Baymont (excluding leads for social events such as family reunions, weddings, baby showers, etc.). This role will also manage a small portfolio of corporate accounts that have a high propensity to use the 3 CoOp brands based on historical spend. This team member may also have the opportunity to qualify incoming leads for future managed account potential for the CoOp team and/or the WHR GSO team.
From a sales engagement & support perspective, the role will also be accountable for delivering sales optimization plans to select hotels as identified by brand leaders and develop sales-related content to add value to the on-property sales efforts.
Overall, this position will require a varied skill set and affinity for high volume, transactional selling. Desired qualities include creativity, persistence, exceptional communication skills, adaptability, tenacity, and proficiency with systems and processes.
The team member will need to develop a good knowledge of the Wingate, Baymont and Ramada brands, as well as overall company strategy and associated management process and practices. The team member may represent Co-Op brands at trade shows and external/internal customer facing events. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required to navigate effectively throughout the organization.
Sales Revenue Generation:
- Proficiency in CRS/PMS, SFL, BIRST, Cvent and other systems as assigned.
- Manage and prioritize a high-volume group lead queue and drive revenue opportunity conversion.
- Provide proactive and strategic recommendations on property sourcing.
- Build revenue opportunities properly in SFL and ensure RFPs are responding to timely by hotels.
- Fully qualify the potential of all Co-op brand-centric accounts and meet/exceed forecasted revenues.
- Utilize tools such as LinkedIn, Dodge Data & Analytics, Google Alerts, ZoomInfo and other tools as assigned to research companies to identify customer potential and develop communication tactics to reach out, secure response, and qualify the customer.
- Heavy communication via phone and email with hotels and customers on open/active leads list to increase engagement and responsiveness.
Sales Engagement & Support:
- Create content focused on backyard business selling techniques and practices.
- Deliver Sales Optimization Ideas as assigned.
Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Partner with the Franchise Operations, Field Sales, Brand Leadership, and Property Sales teams to optimize revenue and provide internal (hotel) and external (customer) stakeholder satisfactions.
- Use appropriate tools and tactics to solidify engagement and expand contact network within the organization to optimize revenue generation to WH&R properties.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability and affinity for volume-based transactional selling.
- Stay current on industry trends related to the mid-level chain scale of hotels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Work consists of moderately complex procedures where strong selling skills are required.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations, including ability to handle client objections and disputes to achieve satisfactory results.
- Work requires using original and creative thinking to maximize revenue results. The results generally impact several departments including franchise properties and managed properties.
- Understanding of competitive landscape and strengths/opportunities associated to WH&R position
- Identifying and overcoming challenges through collaboration with colleagues, supervisors and other stakeholders. This requires judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results, or coordinating with cross functional teams.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, TEAMS ect).
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal and external customer situations, maintain constructive working relationships and must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Demonstrated self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines with degree of attention to detail.
- Exhibit a high level of accountability; results-oriented, dependable and flexible.
- Work at high level of productivity; adapting behavior to other styles; interact with people who have different values, culture or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people.
- Strong sales experience in North America with broad understanding of all viable market segments and global regions for WH&R.
- Team player with strong work ethic.
- Ability to develop strategy and communicate effectively to the broad WH&R community.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Baseline knowledge and understanding of travel market segments most importantly Business Transient, Group/MICE and Long Term Stay.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Reporting & Analytics, Marketing, GSO Leadershipand others providing support.
- Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
- 3-5 + years in a business development role (travel/hospitality experience preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Anticipated to be about 10% of time with requirements to be managed by the Senior Director, Business Development as is needed to grow customer revenues.COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Remote Employment Status: