Job Description For Sous Chef
Dolce is now seeking a Sous Chef to join our team at Dolce Ivey Spencer Canada in London, Ontario.
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel's food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation.The Sous Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience
- A 2-year, 3-year or 4-year culinary degree and at least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Assist in preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Work with the Executive Chef and the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
- Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
- Assist in coordinating, supervising and directing the Stewarding Department.
- Assist in computing daily food cost.
- Assist in proper training and direction of departmental assistants in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
- Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
- Coordinate all par stock levels.
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Assist in the direction and training of all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
- Assist in creating menus for prospective clients.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
- Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
- Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company.We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world.Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers.We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Location: Dolce Ivey Spencer Canada,551 Windermere Road,London,OntarioN5X 2T1
Employment Status: Full-time