Job Description For Specialist, Collections
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Specialist, Collections to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany , New Jersey .
By joining Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you will play an integral role in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all. You'll be part of the largest hotel franchise company in the world, where we strive to deliver the best value to our owners and guests. Most importantly, you'll be entrusted to live our unique Count on Me culture, set by our core values of integrity, accountability, inclusive, caring and fun. At Wyndham, we provide all team members the opportunity to grow through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support. Supporting our team members is a top priority, which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, vacation, team member appreciation days, workplace flexibility and much more. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, we value and embrace a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that supports team members of all backgrounds and experiences. We can't wait to welcome you!
This position will manage specific finance functions related to the collections of delinquent receivables in order to maintain the WHR cash flow. The qualified candidate will work closely with franchisees, operations support, field operations, and brand leadership ensuring that franchisee's financial obligations to WHR are met in a satisfactory manner. Areas of responsibility mainly include but not limited to collection calls; resolving past due accounts; negotiating payment arrangements; reviewing financial statements; fielding incoming calls; researching disputes and payment history/applications for accuracy; and recommending accounts for next collection steps. Additionally, this position is required to identify and resolve financial issues, as well as communicate such issues to upper financial management on a timely basis. As part of the customer service delivered to the franchisees the position will at times be required to train users on the use of Wynpay and MyPortal for their invoices, backup, and reporting revenues.
What you'll do
- Perform collections calls in an effort to resolve past due accounts to maintain WHR cash flow. Job requirements include but are not limited to, improving the A/R aging, improving DSO, and maintaining overall A/R integrity. Facilitate payments from past due accounts or recommend account for next steps in collection process.
- Provide superior customer service to WHR customers. Research, identify and resolve financial issues. Follow up on all promised payments. Acquire and review financial documents and operating statistics to negotiate payment plan agreement to secure payment on delinquent receivables.
- Train users on Wynpay and MyPortal for invoice backup purposes. Work with franchisees to resolve their finance related questions and disputes.
- This position is required to meet a minimum number of collection calls on a daily basis resulting in positive outcomes such as payment or payment arrangements to clear the account balance. The ability to effectively collect and negotiate payment plans is key for WHR achieving financial goals and objectives.
Collection Specialists work with a moderate level of autonomy as they work off pre-determined call lists, but have decision making authority within a framework of guidelines to resolve accounts. Specialists work to resolve accounts with past due balances in a way that directly impacts WHR cash flow. This position works with franchisees to negotiate amicable payment plans that require an analysis of property opstats, payment history and market conditions. Specialists also determine the collectability of receivables and make write-off recommendations that directly impact positive cash flow and results in better customer relations. The position is depended on to provide valuable insights from their site collections efforts in order to assist management in tailoring collection strategies to assist the company in meeting its goals.
Specialists will work with Brand Leaders and Operations Team to achieve positive collection outcomes while maintaining a high-level of customer service. The position requires an understanding of license agreement deal terms, financial statements, operating statistics, and nuances between brands. You'll be successful if you have
- Motivated, detail-oriented person who is able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Heavy phone usage/volume.
- Must be persistent with excellent follow up skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be results driven and results oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must work well with others and be able to contribute to a team.
- Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Customer focused with excellent customer service skills.
- Able to read and understand financial statements and opstats.
- Some college.
- 2+ years professional experience with a financial background.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Oracle experience.
- Hotel experience a plus.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way , 22 Sylvan Way , Parsippany , New Jersey 07054 Employment Status: