Job Description For Waiter/Waitress
Wyndham Dubai Deirais now seeking aWaiter/Waitress to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The role holder will contribute to the performance of the hotel by implementing the sequence service to ensure guest satisfaction. The F&B team member is responsible for taking orders and ensures that customers are enjoying their meals. He/she takes action to correct any problems and communicates with customers to resolve complaints, and ensuring proper bread/food and beverage serving and clearing according to set procedures and utmost hygiene standards.
Opening & closing procedures
- Follow the opening and closing checklist
- Clean and polish the restaurant's equipment, glassware, crockery, cutlery and chinaware using the defined methods to guarantee proper maintenance.
- Ensure proper cleanliness and organization of all work areas to facilitate customer service.
- Checking condiments expiry date prior to cleaning and replenishing the ones on the tables and counting the dirty table linen and placing them in the laundry basket.
- Arrange the mis en place on the side stations as per the checklist.
- Tables, chairs and baby chairs are clean and well balanced.
- Floors and surrounding fixtures are clean.
- Chairs are placed neatly under the tables.
- Sweetener containers are full and clean.
- Salt & pepper shakers are full and clean.
- Windows, walls, and ledges are clean.
- Follow the procedure on how to report maintenance issues.
- Follow the procedure on how to report Lost and Found.
- Follow the Cashiering procedure.
Communication & interaction
- Ascertain that all dishes on the buffet table are sparkly clean and spotless.
- Keep a constant check on buffet items to ensure that no "run out" situations arise.
- All food items must be labeled correctly.
- Correct and appropriate service utensils to be used according to the dishes.
- Break down the buffet table at the end of the lunch or dinner time and ensure that all items are taken back to the kitchen area.
- Clean and sanitize buffet sections according to set instructions.
Sequence of service
- Communicate efficiently with the kitchen staff and barista to guarantee customer satisfaction and liaise with other departments to ensure smooth running of operations.
- Make sure the staff is providing a friendly, professional and timely service at all times and report immediately any discrepancies/customer complaints to the Manager on duty.
- Assist in the induction training of new employees.
- Greet customers with a smile upon their arrival or when seated.
- Arrange table set-ups before and after each customer according to the hotel set standards.
- Prepare and sell cocktails, coffee and tea drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Present customers upon arrival with the menu, assist in their item selection, take orders and serve food and beverage in a timely manner.
- To be active on the floor, interact with the customer and check their satisfaction.
- Bid farewell for the customers while leaving the restaurant.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of all menu items.
- Makes sure breadbaskets are available and clean.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Process payment transactions by collecting payment (through cash, check or electronic card), making change, and handing out receipts as per standard procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, policies regarding payments and security practices, in order to ensure policies are adhered to at all times.
- Open/close cash registers on a daily basis, count money, ensure cash control is maintained, perform handover when applicable and report any discrepancy.
CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Change and Adaptability
- Customer Focus
- Driving and Achieving results
- High School Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service in a similar role
- Fluency in English; Arabic is a plus
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.