IHG Hotels & Resorts Sets the Stage for When Travellers are Ready to Re-connect and Open up their World
The company evolves its brand as it looks ahead
Dubai (4 Feb. 2021) From the first InterContinental Hotel to the iconic Holiday Inn, from Kimpton revolutionizing boutique hotels to new brands paving a new way forward, IHG HotelsandResorts has long pioneered world travel and the way people connect.
Today the company looks ahead as the world waiting to fully embrace travel once more reiterates the importance of the industry and travel as an agent for positive change. From supporting careers for millions to the force for good it plays in communities around the world, the experiences each traveller has during a trip make an impact long beyond the memories.
IHG HotelsandResorts has headed into 2021 by refreshing its brand to further reflect the hotel group's purpose ofTrue Hospitality for Good, its evolving story, portfolio and the needs of hotel owners, consumers, and communities around the world.
The brand refresh reflects the companys growth to 16 brands welcoming guests and loyalty program members through the doors of nearly 6,000 hotels across 100 countries. With an updated identity, the company is focused on strengthening perception, how it engages guests, hotel owners and colleagues and better promoting the breadth of its portfolio:
- A Family of HotelsandResorts:Moving from IHG toIHG Hotels Resorts, adding the'Hotels Resorts'descriptor to its trade name, reiterates the companys collection of 16 brands that sit side by side as one family.
- A fresh look and feel:The IHG Hotels Resorts visual brand identity has been given a makeover to better tell the stories of the brand and make it more relevant and attractive to consumers particularly a younger demographic of consumers, as well as hotel owners, colleagues and future talent around the world. Through new colours, photography and font, its eye-catching, energetic design showcases the brands and hotel experiences in the most engaging way.
- A place for all:IHG Rewards, the first and one of the largest loyalty programs in the world, has a corresponding new look and feel. The word Club has been removed from its name to reflect the warm welcome that is available to all, with members able to make the most of their travels with exclusive rates, special benefits and easy ways to earn and redeem points at all IHG hotels and partner locations including the breath-takingMr Mrs Smith collection. Going forward, IHG Rewards will be seen out and about more often and in more places.
- Helping guests make the right choice:IHGs family of 16 brands gives guests a wealth of choices, and presented now in four collections, helps guests make the right decision for all their travel needs:
The Luxury and Lifestyle Collection:Defined by timeless legacy bound together by distinctive design and unforgettable service. Making every journey a celebration of extraordinary experiences, each in their unique way.
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
- Regent Hotels Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels Resorts
- Kimpton Hotels Restaurants
- Hotel Indigo
The Premium Collection: Makes travel personal and purposeful. Giving guests a sense of belonging and well-being, with the thoughtful details to make every trip matter.
- HUALUXE Hotels Resorts
- Crowne Plaza Hotels Resorts
- EVEN Hotels
- voco Hotels
The Essentials Collection: Always there, always just what you need. With the warmth and trusted experience which has come to define true hospitality.
- Holiday Inn Hotels Resorts
- Holiday Inn Express
- avid hotels
The Suites Collection: Invites guests to settle in for longer stays, knowing the comforts of home are always within reach.
- Atwell Suites
- Staybridge Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Candlewood Suites
Claire Bennett, Chief Customer Officer, IHG Hotels Resorts, said:The travel industry has faced challenges like never before, and while adapting to new realities weve also stayed true to our roots. We have an incredible family of brands, centred around connecting people strengthening family bonds, forging business partnerships, uniting far-flung friends and engaging with our communities.
Our evolved brand articulates how we bring our purpose ofTrue Hospitality for Goodto life for our guests, hotel owners, colleagues and communities. So, as we continue to lead through and beyond the pandemic, were clear who we are, what we stand for and how we can help guests open up their world again when theyre ready to travel. And we all feel we need that more than ever, because travel not only opens doors, it opens minds and hearts. Thats why our hotels are more than just a backdrop to lifes special moments, they are a collection of welcoming experiences.
About IHG Hotels Resorts
IHG Hotels Resorts[LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, includingSix Senses Hotels Resorts Spas,Regent Hotels Resorts,InterContinental Hotels Resorts,Kimpton Hotels Restaurants,Hotel Indigo,EVEN Hotels,HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts,Crowne Plaza Hotels Resorts,voco,Holiday Inn Hotels Resorts,Holiday Inn Express,Holiday Inn Club Vacations,avid hotels,Staybridge Suites,Atwell Suites, andCandlewood Suites.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 6,000 hotels and 890,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with approximately 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also managesIHG Rewards, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLCis the Groups holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 400,000 people work across IHGs hotels and corporate offices globally.