Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Sharjah United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Description: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Job Description For Accounts Clerk
TIME Ruby Hotel Apartments is currently looking for energetic and passionate candidates for an Accounts Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate, preferably with previous experience in a similar role in reputed hospitality organizations and the ability to fulfill the following core responsibilities.
- Balance the drop and prepare the daily General Cashier summary
- Disburse petty cash only on the basis of properly authorized documentation
- Obtain a daily rate of exchange and maintain a log for it
- Count the safe daily and maintain a record showing balance
- Maintain & Update bank statements file and advice FC of any discrepancies in the balance
- Transfer daily city ledger data from Front Office system to Back Office Accounts Receivable module.
- Verifies the total transfer with city ledger folios and Reviews the city ledger folios with supporting documents such as charge slips, LPOs etc.
- Prepares invoices and obtain Financial Controller signature and sends the original invoices with supporting documents to the customer, files a copy of the full set in the customer file and another copy in the sequential file.
- Issues receipt for cash and cheques received from customers and credit card payment received directly to the bank
- Prepares and give Staff city ledger summary to the paymaster on the 20th of each month
- Processes daily invoices, that is, to match them to their supporting authorizations and receiving records.
- Reviews and determines all payments due and submits the payment requests and disbursement schedule to the Asst. Financial Controller for review and signature prior to the actual preparation of cheques.
- Maintain store and tally on weekly basis.
- Promotes efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- Generally, promotes and ensures good inter-departmental relations.
- Displays a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- Demonstrates pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- Adheres to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times
- Reports any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- Passes any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- Participates in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- Assists the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- Complies with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
- Ensures that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
Candidate should preferably have previous experience in a similar role with reputed hospitality organizations.
Good English communication skills
Positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply online with your CV urgently.